Saturday 10 September 2011

GIRLS - Father Son Holy Ghost

I saw a guy at Secret Garden Festival last year who had a Girls t-shirt and since then I've really wanted one but can't find one anywhere!

I'm listening to the album in full on The Guardian website and have just discovered Vomit, the hole gorgeous six minutes of it. A slow, melodic and calm build up that reminds me a lot of Sonic Youth. There's a big powerful chorus dotted through melancholic then powerful verses, a touch of In Rainbows in there maybe. Big guitar. Calm again before this amaaazing gospel voice comes in, it was a bit of a shock the first time round to be honest, but I love it on the third listen. Download for free from their Facebook http://www.facebook.com/GIRLSsf?sk=app_151079988301527

No comments:

Post a Comment