Friday 11 June 2010

Laura Thomson Wins Graduate Fashion Week

Laura Thomson of Manchester University School of Art took home the top prize from Graduate Fashion Week. Bet she's chuffed to bits. I love the collection, it's quite grown up in comparison to some of the teddy bears (Danielle Ferguson, University of Salford)and bondage themes (Bobby Charles Abley, Ravensbourne College of Design). Click here to read my last post on GFW.

Here are a couple of photos from the Graduate Fashion Week's Blog of Laura's collection...





Teddy bears from Danielle Ferguson, University of Salford...



Bobby Charles Abley from Ravensbourne College of Design likes bondage...



These are a couple of my faves from the show...

Amber Hards, UWE Bristol - I LOVE this, so elegant and feminine, she's created those shapes very cleverly. I think I'm going through a bit of a phase for this kind of thing. I bought the dress below from Topshop last week - its a beaut.





I love Naomi New from Northumbria University's fringing and structure. Very bold and beautiful. I imagine that the gals over at Bitching and Junkfood like this look a lot.



Sara Wadsworth, University of Central Lancashire with beaUtiful patriotic prints. Reminds of the new season Paul Smith bikini.



And the new Paul Smith bikini:

No comments:

Post a Comment