Friday 5 March 2010

Chris Ofili

Even though it was 2 weeks ago that I went to see the Chris Ofili exhibition at the Tate, I enjoyed it so much that I thought I should shout about it again. (Already put something up at Handpicked).

Unsurprisingly, there were a LOT of people there when I went mid-afternoon on a Saturday. It really didn't matter though because these pieces are so huge in size and character you could see them from space. The point of them I think is to use crude materials (Ofili made a name for himself when he won the Turner Prize in 2008 and his signature elephant poo pictures which were showed here too), dress them up and make them into something that people appreciate and want to be around. They're so big and beautiful, adorned with glitter, bright colours and layers of materials, it makes them so engaging.

This is defo my fave, Afrodizzia:

No comments:

Post a Comment